As an organization comprised of industry players, Philfoodex Inc. will ensure maximum exposure for the participants of the 11th Philippine Food Expo. Understanding the concerns of the local processor and exporter, the exhibit will feature a Retail Zone and an Exporters Zone to assist the buyers in identifying the sectors they want to cover; and the exhibitors to achieve their objectives for participation.
Further, being the only all-Filipino consumer food event in the country, the event has solidified its reputation as the number one sourcing venue for Filipino food products.
FIESTA PHILIPPINES INTERNATIONAL/ EXPORTERS ZONE
Taking off from the success of Food Source Philippines, a supply-based food fair featuring home-grown raw materials, Philfoodex Inc. will put emphasis on the country’s best products, waiting to be shipped out to the global market for the world to experience.
Other highlights will include Cottage Industry Pavilion, showcasing new players from the food and beverage industry the world is yet to see, Taste of the World, featuring international flavors, spices, additives and ingredient, and Packaging and Technology Hub, showcasing processing and packaging equipment, technological advances, innovations and latest trends in food processing/manufacturing.
2011 EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Over 300 exhibiting companies participated in February 2010, with sales of US$ 2,563,000.00 from 52 foreign buyers coming from France, United States of America, Russia, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand.
- Best sellers include assorted juices, canned sardines, mango puree, frozen & dried mangoes, banana chips, dried seafoods, nata de coco, dry & frozen products and muscovado sugar.
- 23,979 trade local buyers visited consisted of food manufacturing/processing sector, consolidators & distributors, the food service industry and allied industries
- Over the counter sales of PHP 60, 613, 422.00, for the 4-day event.
- Received the support of the following government associations: Department of Agriculture, Dept. of Trade and Industry, CITEM, DTI – Bureau of Export Trade Promotions, DTI – Export Development Council, DA – Bureau of Agricultural Research and MEGMA
- Received the endorsement of various industry associations: Cocoa Phil Foundation, Philippine Exporters Organization, Inc. (Philexport, Inc.), Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI), Employers Confederation of the Philippines, PCARRD, Phil. Association of Food Technologists, Philippine Okra Producers & Exporters Association, Philippine Mango Exporters Foundation, Inc., Philippine Amalgamated Supermarkets Inc., Assoc. of Purchasing Managers of Hotels & Restaurants, CATFABS, Hotels & Restaurants Chef Association of the Phils. And Agri Aqua Network, Inc.
- Received support and participation of regional industry groups from Davao del Norte, Puerto Princesa, Ilocos Norte, Quezon and other regions and provinces were through the Department of Agriculture-appointed exhibitors.
- Food Styling & Photography Competition and Culinary Showdown
hosted by PWU Manila
- Supported by industry players PLDT SME Nation and Fresh Options